- What does a Coach help you to do?
With a non-directive, non-judgemental and non-critical approach, a coach teaches, motivates and inspires the coachee to break unconsciously imposed barriers preventing him from realizing his potential for genuine happiness.
Our expert coach holds out a safe space for self-exploration and introspection, and supports you by:
- Helping you to clarify your objectives and inspiring you to set challenging and inspiring goals for your life that are aligned with your values
- Reinforcing a can-do attitude
- Exploring options with you
- Motivating you to create an action plan to achieve your goals and encouraging
- momentum to achieve them
- Encouraging you to lead a balanced life
- Raising your self-awareness
- Acting as a catalyst for getting you find the answers yourself and unleashing your potential by asking challenging and thought-provoking questions
- Making you focus on what you want rather than what you don’t want.
- Helping you to achieve personal mastery
- How is Coaching different from Counselling and Consultancy?
Coaching is non-directive and interactive unlike counselling and consultancy.
Coaching may involve clearing up past issues that prevent the actualization of your goals but the focus is always on the future. It is forward looking and is focussed on the actions, one is willing to take to create the life s/he wants and not just make a living.
Coaching is not advising clients (unlike counselling) on how to solve problems, nor educating clients (unlike mentoring and consultancy) about what they should do, nor analysing the root causes of client predicaments. Coaching is about helping others to learn as opposed to teaching or telling people what to do and how to do it.
- How long does the Coaching last?
Most of the engagements require an initial commitment of three to six months from our clients; individuals often remain in a coaching relationship for a year or more. Usually, we mutually agree upon the length, frequency and number of sessions along with our client.
- Which areas are focussed in Life Makeover Coaching?
Life Makeover Coaching focuses on the following areas and more of such aspects:
- Dealing with troublesome emotions
- Breaking ineffective behaviour and tendencies
- Overcoming procrastination
- Time and energy management
- Dealing with criticism
- Strengthening Relationships
- Communication (internal and external)
- Health and fitness, reaching optimum weight
- Assertiveness and confidence, self-esteem
- Dreams, desires and goals achievement
- Understanding the personal change process
- Achieve a healthy work-life balance.
- What is your Coaching methodology?
The results of our study of effective coaching suggest that experienced coaches, although flexible and interactive, follow a structured systematic approach. We have identified a seven-step process that forms the foundation of the INSPIRE Coaching Model.
I Inquiry and investigation to assess the current situation to identify the interferences that are blocking the client’s progress or becoming a source of his problems.
N Understanding of needs and wants, beliefs and values of the clients to nurture what is valuable and cut out the rest.
S Providing support to give the clients a safe space to explore and raise their self-awareness and self-reflection. Giving them an understanding of the strategies of success,and how they can set specific goals aligned to his values.
P Helping the clients to discover their purpose and passion so that they can unleash thepotential and accelerate their progress.
I Influencing the client with integrity and providing them insights so that the right sense of identity, beliefs and values can be instilled.
R Making them take the responsibility by having a better relationship with themselves, and supporting them to build resilience.
E Establishing a sense of urgency by creating the right emotional environment withempowering questions thus encouraging momentum required for their growth. Helping the clients enrich their lives by making them commit to excellence and continuous improvement
What about confidentiality?
We strictly adhere to the ethics set forth by Symbiosis Coach Training, which involves treating people with dignity and as independent and equal human beings. We promise to model these standards set by them with our clients.
- As a coach, I pledge to honour and support the beliefs, values, individuality, objectives and goals of my client(s) so that they can grow and expand the areas of their personal and/ or professional lives that they have chosen.
- I pledge to maintain the confidentiality of my client(s) and the coaching relationship. I will hold confidential the name(s) of my client(s), information about their personal and/or professional life, colleagues or related parties, without the express permission from the client.
- I pledge to honour all agreements I make in my coaching relationships, and construct clear agreements that may include confidentiality, progress reports and other particulars.
- How does Coaching work?
A coaching arrangement is designed along with the clients meeting their individual needs and schedule. Sessions may be centred on one specific goal or challenge that the client is facing, or on a much broader set of personal or professional issues.
Coaching can be conducted through a number of mediums – in person, on call, via e-mail and Skype. Coaching sessions are usually scheduled weekly, lasting from half to one hour. During each session our coach will discuss and explore with your goals, challenges, and opportunities, and assist you in developing an action plan to make you achieve your goals.
- Why do organizations require Executive Coaching or Leadership Coaching?
Executive Coaching is in fact a new management leadership philosophy that embraces creativity, authenticity, and ownership in the workplace. It is a collaborative, individualized relationship between an executive and a coach that aims at bringing about sustained behavioural changes and to transform the quality of the executive’s working and personal life.
Organizations require Executive Coaching and Leadership Coaching for achieving these and many other objectives:
- To establish and maintain high performance culture
- To accelerate leadership development
- To maximize knowledge transfer
- To increase skill levels
- For succession planning
- How can you get the most out of Coaching?
Once you are committed to Coaching, there are a few important things to keep in mind that will help you get the most out of every meeting, reach your goals as quickly and easily as possible, and allow you to enjoy the process.
We offer coaching programs for the organizations in the following areas:
- Come prepared by having an understanding of what you want to accomplish during each session
- Honour your commitments
- Trust your coach and open up with him/her
- Feel free to ask for more support
- Show up on time for your sessions
- How does coaching helps in strengthening relationships?
Coaching supports and encourages healthy communication in all relationships. The specific communication skills that are addressed are listening to learn, asking questions to gain clarity and resolve ambiguity, testing for truth rather than making assumptions, and encouraging for a job well done.
Coaching provides a safe place where individuals can talk about their challenges and opportunities in a confidential environment. Especially during times of change, coaching allows individuals to openly share their concerns and gain a different, objective perspective to bring back into the workplace. Often just having an objective person to listen to their concerns helps people feel better and thus raises their morale and motivation.
- What kind of coaching programs do you facilitate for the organizations?
We are passionate about making coaching accessible and affordable for corporates. We offer customized one-to-one coaching sessions as well as group coaching sessions that are designed around your specific areas for leadership development and achievement of business outcomes.
- Coaching fundamentals
- Workplace coaching
- Coaching skills for managers
- Sales coaching
- Coaching for change management
- Coaching for team building
- Coaching for transforming organizations
- Coaching for creating breakthrough results
- Coaching for customer service excellence
- Motivational coaching
- Relationship coaching
- Coaching for talent management
- Coaching for transition planning
How is the effectiveness of a Coaching program evaluated and measured?
We can evaluate coaching at four levels
- Level 1 – Reaction and Feedback
- Key Question: Was it useful and enjoyable?
- Level 2 – Learning
- Through: Pre and post course quizzes or tests
- Key Question: Did learning take place?
- Level 3 – Application of learning and intangible benefits
- Through inputs from the reporting managers and peers to check learning, changes in attitude and behaviour
- Key Question: Was the learning implemented?
- Level 4 – Impact on business performance
- Includes: Output, cost, quality and time
- Key Question: Did performance improve as a result?
- How do NLP and Neuro-Semantics create value in Coaching?
NLP and Neuro-Semantics methodologies enable people to modify beliefs, feelings and behaviours that hold them back and assist them in taking on new ways of thinking, communicating, learning, deciding, feeling and acting. The goals of such coaching is to maximize the client’s ability to respond to situations resourcefully, to increase the choices they have, to inspire and motivate them to move forward in their life, and to take responsibility for their goals and actions.